ARE YOU MY RAINBOW UNICORN?
Have you ever seen that unicorn emoji? The one so fabulous it’s farting a ribbon of rainbow? Well, I am totally obsessed with it. In fact, it’s become the inspiration behind the job search I’m conducting for a Technical Director to help me bring my So Fort Worth It lifestyle brand to life every day, across a variety of online platforms. Think you’re my rainbow unicorn? Read on to find out if you or someone you know has what it takes!
The position of Technical Director for the So Fort Worth It lifestyle brand will start off part-time (appx. 20 hours a week), with the potential for it to ramp up to full-time by early fall. This position is hourly, based on experience and salary history, and the right candidate will earn a competitive salary equal or exceeding the going rate in major markets, and the pay will increase as the brand’s success grows. This is NOT an entry-level position.
YOU MUST BE:
A WordPress and SEO Wizard. This is non-negotiable. Bonus points for proficiency with YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Google, PowerPoint, Keynote, MS Word, Pinterest and Twitter…to name a few.
A Multitasker. There’s always a lot going on at SFWI. Some weeks, you might have time to catch up on organizing; other weeks, you may barely have enough time to pee.
Chillaxed and ultra-organized. It can get chaotic up in here, and there’s no room for another stress ball! Only one of us can have ADD and that’s me!
Realistic. There are definite moments of ultimate fabulosity, but most days, it’s just a lot of hard work.
Punctual, responsible and honest. Enough said.
This position has three components (listed in order of importance):
- Help create a buzzy master editorial calendar and break it down to weekly goals;
- Optimize post reach using metrics and analytics;
- Load content, tag, link and generally SEO the bejeezus out of everything to maximize eyeballs;
- Schedule blog and social media posts;
- Handle giveaways and prizes on all platforms;
- Monitor blog and social media comments and metrics;
- Keep track of all responsibilities and deadlines;
- Conduct online research required for posts and collaborations;
- Update plugins;
- Reply to emails, DMs;
- Create collages for posts;
- Keep photos and files organized with Google Drive/Dropbox, etc.;
- Managing mailing lists;
- Facebook community management;
- Build contact and CRM databases;
- Plus more;
BRAND COMMUNICATION & PARTNER DEVELOPMENT
- Work one-on-one with brand partners to ensure a productive relationship;
- Help to scout and develop new partner relationships that relate to SFWI’s interests and SFWI social media audience and their interests;
Still with me? Good! If this sounds like your skill set and your vibe, send your resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I will contact everyone the last week of July to set up interviews on Thursday and Friday of August 1-2.
Good luck, my rainbow unicorn!