In case you missed me on WFAA Good Morning Texas, here is the video! Enjoy my organizational tips below for a socially distanced garage sale.
Covid quarantine brought out that inner professional organization skills in all of us and I bet you, like me, have a ton of stuff sitting around to put money back in your wallet. Time for a Covid Garage Sale!
All of you know that garage sales are my jam but the real magic happens in the set up. Organizing and arranging stuff for the sale is my favorite part of a garage sale – it totally satisfies my OCD.
Christy’s Favorite 10 Tips for Covid Garage Sale Organization
1. Be sure to have lots of plastic folding tables and garment racks, even if you have to borrow some from friends and neighbors. This way people can be spread out and not bunched together.
2. Use cardboard boxes to hold bulk items.
4. If you have items with multiple small parts, put them into various sized ziplock bags and mark the price with a sharpie. This keeps things from getting separated when people rummage. This works especially well for toys with small/multiple parts. Plus is keeps the item sterilized.
6. Don’t forget the dough! The day before your sale, stop by the bank and get $100-125 in change per money handler. In order to keep money from exchanging hands you can even encourage people to use Venmo, Zelle or CashApp.
7. Have hand sanitizer EVERYWHERE. It encourages people to be mindful while shopping the garage sale.
8. Have paper grocery sacks ready to give to shoppers as they arrive to make it easier to shop your treasure trove. Save your bags throughout the year for ample supply.
10. Champagne is still a must at any garage sale! The way to do it during covid is buy having baby bottles and cans for people to individually take.
Be sure to click HERE to find out how to be a full on Garage Sale Boss!
Feeling uncomfortable attending a garage sale in person? Then I highly recommend buying items on Facebook Market Place, or from local neighborhood Facebook groups. In fact, because of this exact reason, our family started the DUNAWAY LIVING-ESTATE HOUSE PURGE group where our families post times for sale from our estates.