Lone Star Film Festival And Gala Comes To Fort Worth
The Lone Star Film Festival Gala, via the road to Fort Worth, is about the closest way to Hollywood you can get, and boy is this star-studded event something you don’t want to miss! Last year, Jason and I, along with my parents, were guests of Angelique De Luca and Hollywood producer Mike De Luca. It was certainly a night to remember with great moments that reminded me of the time we attended the Academy Awards.
Familiar Faces Among the Crowds
Last year’s crowd was filled with local notables, familiar faces, and out of town VIPs and celebrities, which made for lots of rubbernecking and memorable conversation. I bumped into tons of friends, hob-knobbed with Nancy Lamb and caught up with one of my favorite creatives, Michelle Kirk. Oh, and not to forget, I hugged on Pat Green too.
The night was filled with great food and libations, award presentations and headliner entertainment, all to raise money for Lone Star Film Society’s Johnny Langdon Film Education Initiative, which funds youth film camps and programs through the Boys & Girls Clubs across Tarrant County.
Grammy Nominated Entertainment
Speaking of headliner entertainment, Pat Green took to the stage with his witty humor and adoring eyes for his wife Kori, as he told stories of the 1st years of dating and marriage. It was a treat to witness their energy and chemistry in a ballroom filled with fans and friends.
Movies, Celebrities and So Much More
Although the Gala was one for the books, the best part about the Lone Star Film Festival are the 5 days of movies, celebrity panel discussions and exclusive cocktail events in the heart of Sundance Square downtown. It’s a real treat for all the film buffs who live in and around our great city.
Sadly, due to scheduling conflicts last year, I missed the Q&A celebrity panel discussion with Mike and other filmmakers who dove into the details of production and what that world looks like. But have no fear, I have cleared some of my schedule for this year’s festival. Hopefully I will run into you!
Purchase Your Tickets Here
As the self-appointed party director of fabulousness, our entire host committee is ready to greet you on Thursday, November 14th. You can schmooze with celebrities at this glamorous event until your heart is content! Tables are still available as of this publication.
Check out these famous details below, and purchase your tickets HERE! (If online ticket sales close, you can call and purchase until the day before, based on availability.)
Tips and Tricks on HOW TO FEST:
The Top 7 Things You Need to Know to Make the Best of the Fest
- All-Access Badges get you the biggest bang for your buck! This VIP-access ticket gets you into EVERYTHING, all five days, including 140+ films (with priority seating), film talks with industry pros, daily happy hours (badge = free drinks), post-film Q&A’s, coffee with the filmmakers, and so much more!
2. Oscar-contending films. The festival is best known for their independent and Texas filmmaker competitions, but what a lot of people don’t know is that LSFF features a select number of showcase films! These are the movies that are going to be the biggest in the nation and you can see them at Lone Star before anyone else in North Texas. This year, you have to mark A Hidden Life and Just Mercy on your must-see list.
3. Happy Hours aren’t just for drinking. LSFF hosts a nightly happy hour (at The Aloft Hotel) where you can go to get great (sometimes free) drinks, but more importantly you get the chance to mix and mingle with all of the directors, producers, and stars of the films! The happy hours are a great time to get the inside scoop on exciting new projects in the works and sharpen your film knowledge.
4. Pre-plan your entire festival before the celebration begins because there is an app for that! The Lone Star Film Festival app is available on Apple and Android and allows you to check out every film and event that will at the 2019 LSFF event. You can ‘star’ the events and films you want to make sure and attend to create your own schedule on the app. It also provides live updates of added films and an insiders look at this year’s award-winning lineup.
5. The 13th Annual Fest’s Opening Night Party is going to be one for the records. EVERYONE is invited to celebrate the first day of the festival on November 13, 2019 from 9pm-12am on the rooftop of Fort Worth’s newly reimagined, 1930s hotel: The Sinclair, Autograph Collection. The event is free and will feature specialty cocktails with filmmakers, locals, and movie enthusiast during one incredible night. All-Access Badge Holder’s first cocktails is free*! *limit 100 cocktails available for AA Badgeholders.
6. The most star-studded gala in Fort Worth. Experience the 13th Annual Lone Star Film Fest Gala on November 14, 2019 at The Worthington Renaissance Hotel. This exclusive evening will highlight chef-driven menus, specialty cocktails and celebrity meet-and-greets. The event will celebrate and honor the GRAMMY award-winning actor and filmmaker Tim Blake Nelson with the Bill Paxton Achievement in Film Award, as well as country music idol and actor Waylon Payne with the Stephen Bruton Award. Guests will experience a special performance by Payne and be greeted by the event’s presenters — multi-award-winning musician and singer of ‘I Hope You Dance’ Lee Ann Womack and talented filmmaker and co-founder of the band Folk Uke Amy Nelson.
7. Ever wonder what happened to Blockbuster? Or how Netflix claimed fame? The Story Behind Netflix’s Early Days of Marketing Film Talk at #LSFF2019 will feature Netflix Co-founder & Vice President of Merchandising Christina Kish, Blockbuster’s Former Chief Operating Officer Nick Sheperd, and more. O Brother, Where Art Thou and Just Mercy star Tim Blake Nelson will also be featured during a conversation moderated by Tom Provost. With multiple film talks to choose from every day, you’re sure to find something that intrigues you!
Who is ready to mix, mingle and dance with the stars? One lucky winner will receive TWO tickets to The Lone Star Film Festival Gala at a value of $1200! Drawing the winner @ NOON on Monday, November 11th!
PLUS!!!! BONUS GIVEAWAY! Head over to my INSTAGRAM for a chance to win 2 ALL ACCESS BADGES for the entire 5 day festival! VALUE $700
*** Must read the Terms & Conditions in the Rafflecopter link below for the official rules and disclaimers for this giveaway. I would hate for you to miss follow all of the steps and your entries not qualify.***a Rafflecopter giveaway